Did you know that you may be able to file a TCPA complaint to recover $500-$1,500 for EACH spam text, phone call or junk fax?
The Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) and other related laws prohibit businesses and individuals from advertising through unsolicited text messages or unwanted phone calls and junk faxes.
Under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), penalties for spam text message violations can range between $500 and $1,500 per violation (EACH spam text, phone call or junk fax)
The TCPA also restricts telephone solicitations (i.e., telemarketing) and the use of automated telephone equipment.
Why Am I Getting Spam Text Messages/Phone Calls?
Very often, you might have opted into a text message marketing service without even realizing you have done so. Any of the following scenarios may apply:
- You gave your cellphone details to make an online purchase,
- You texted a number you saw on an online billboard, and/or
- You replied to a previous spam message.
I Am Registered On The Do-Not-Call Register. Why Do I Receive Spam Text Messages & Phone Calls?
If your number is on the do-not-call registry, and you do receive unsolicited calls, it means you are receiving spam text messages because of the activities of spammers and auto-dialers. These entities disregard the registry, and will attempt to contact you and to swindle you anyway.
If you believe you have been a victim of spam text messages make sure you do the following:
- Save the text message! Take a screenshot and email it to yourself so the evidence is preserved. You never know what may happen to your phone and without the evidence your case is much more difficult!
- Screenshot your text message or write down that number that calls you, as well as the company that they are calling from! Often ascertaining the identify of these companies is difficult, so the more information the better.
- Call the attorneys at Shamis & Gentile, P.A for a free consultation for your potential case. We will happily discuss and let you know what further actions are required!
The TCPA exists to protect you from the annoyance, nuisance, and invasions of privacy that comes from telemarketers who spam your personal phone. If you want us to report the unwanted texts, we will attempt to track down the sender and help you recover $500-$1,500 for each and every text!
We help individuals collect against telemarketers and put a stop to these unlawful marketing campaigns with robocalls, all while compensating you for your annoyance, nuisance and invasion of privacy.
Our firm works on a contingency basis, which means we only get paid if we are successful in obtaining a settlement for you.
Otherwise, there are never any fees or expenses paid!
What YOU can do to help.
Report the spam message to us using the form at the top of the page.
After you get in touch with one of the attorneys at our firm, we will coordinate a phone call with you to discuss specifics of your text and/or spam call and explain the process of how to go and collect up to $1,500 per spam text/call.